First Class Paperwork:
- Payment (check or cash), if you did not pay online ($125 standard rate, $100 for dogs adopted from ARF).
- Your dog’s vaccine records
Bring to Class:
- At least two cups of a yummy food (soft smelly treats such as chicken hot dogs, cheese, or natural balance are best!) cut into pea-sized pieces.
- A hungry dog. In order to ensure your dog is interested in food during class, consider skipping breakfast or feeding a smaller than normal amount before coming to class.
- A buckle collar, martingale collar, or harness. (No choke chains or prong collars!)
- A six-foot leash. (No flexi- or extendable leads!)
- A mat for your dog. An old towel, blanket, or carpet square works well – most dog beds are too bulky for this purpose.
- A toy (no squeakers, please!), chew (i.e., bully stick), or interactive toy (i.e., Kong frozen with wet food). Please do not bring these if your dog is aggressive over food or toys.
- We welcome the entire family to join us for classes. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. For children under 6, we strongly encourage bringing an extra adult to supervise them.
- All children (and adults!) are reminded not to approach other dogs in the class without their handler’s permission.
- Please do not let dogs meet on leash in the parking lot or classroom, unless directed to do so by the trainer.